A Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment Should Teach Differently
Mom googled “strength-based dyslexia treatment” and got two very different answers. The many websites that focus on phonics and phonemic awareness and one from Psychology Today titled “A Strength-based Approach Helps Children”. This article also focused on the twice-exceptional student — we see this as students who are really good in different areas and struggle with others.
Then her friend recommended 3D Learner — a Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment that teaches to a student’s strengths – located in Boca Raton, FL. When she did the Success Assessment with her daughter, she discovered her daughter learned differently and appeared to have a visual processing issue. With our program, her daughter improved her reading comprehension 2 grade levels in 3 months and 3 grade levels in 7 months.
Strength-based Dyslexia Treatments for a Child who Learns Differently
At 3D Learner, we recognize our students with dyslexia have a range of strengths and challenges. We often see students who learn differently and have attention and eye-teaming issues
Our students do far better with a strength-based dyslexia treatment that:
– Uses a 3 dimensional approach to help the student who learns differently to recognize word patterns, to understand what words mean and to visualize what the student reads
– Recognizes that most students with dyslexia have visual perception challenge — either skipping words and lines when reading, reversals or related challenges
– Many students with dyslexia have an attention challenges and more and more parents want a natural and effective solution to addressing it
We realize that most schools and outside educational testing is focused on finding out what is wrong with a child. More and more psychologists are moving towards a strength-based model, that looks to identify a student’s strengths.
More and more parents are also seeing the benefits from a Strength-based Dyslexia treatment. Let’s share two examples:
– A student had been through two years of traditionaldyslexia treatment that were multi-sensory but did not help her child — they were phonics-based programs that used different modalities but focused on her son’s strengths. With our help, her son was able to improve his reading comprehension from the 58th to the 99th percentile
– Another student with dyslexia had been through the most expensive dyslexia treatment — that also claimed to be a strength-based dyslexia treatment. She made no progress with this process. year later, her comprehension was still at the 1st grade level as she entered 5th grade.
With the 3D Learner Program (R), a hands-on strength-based dyslexia treatment, this young lady improved her comprehension 4 grade levels in 6 months, doubled her reading speed and her homework time was cut in half.
We call students who learn best when they see and experience information visual learners – or 3D Learners.
There are 5 key benefits to the 3D Learner strength-based dyslexia treatment that include:
– Your child is far more likely to be engaged
– Your child is more likely to love reading, if they are taught how to create visuals for what he or she reads
– By teaching to his or her strengths, the progress is likely to be faster and more significant
– By identifying and addressing the attention, eye-teaming and related issues it will improve your child’s academic and athletic skills
– Improved self-esteem and self-advocacy
Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment – Key Questions
Does your child remember places visited, even from years ago?
Does your child learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
Does your child skip word and/or lines when reading?
Does your child lose focus when the work is boring or frustrating?
Is your child’s present performance well below his or her potential?
Are you interested in a more engaging process that may lead to more significant reading comprehension gains and result in your child liking to read.
If you answer yes to 3, 4 or 5 of these questions, take our no cost Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference and an attention, eye-teaming and related challenges.
Then call 3D Learner at 561-361-7495 for a no cost Stress to Outrageous Success Strategy Session