For Your Visual Learner with Dyslexia – Not All Dyslexia Truths Are True
Is your child a visual learner with dyslexia? Our daughter struggled for years, because we relied on one traditional dyslexia treatment after another. Once we realized our daughter with dyslexia was a visual learner with dyslexia, this changed our perspective. We suspect somewhere between 75 and 85% of the students with dyslexia are visual learners with dyslexia.
With what has become known as the 3D Learner Program (R), our daughter:
- Improved her reading comprehension 4.2 grade levels in 7 months
- Her spelling improved and
- She earned her Master’s in Education from the University of Florida
One of our focuses is on the visual learner with dyslexia. Does your child
- Remember places visited even from years ago?
- Learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
- Struggle with reading comprehension and/or math word problems, despite being quite smart?
If this sounds like your child,. they may be a visual learner with dyslexia and we …
come at dyslexia from a very different perspective than most. In this article on 10 Truths About Teaching Students with Dyslexia the author says:
- Your kids will learn to read
- They may never be good spellers
- The school years are hard
This is exactly what we believe before we discovered a different way to teach the visual learner with dyslexia — now we realize:
- Some students with dyslexia often stay far below grade level, but with the right training, they can often get back to grade level in months not years — this is often true for younger students
- Spelling can often get a lot easier
- School may never be as easy as it was for a sibling or for you, but with the right training and support, school can be far easier for your visual learner with dyslexia
We offer a no cost assessment and stress to success strategy session. We recommend doing the Success Assessment with your child or call us directly at 561-361-7495.