Is your child a Visual Learner?
- Does your child remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Does your child learn best when they see and experience information?
- Is your child a lot smarter than present results would indicate?
Your smart struggling child may be a Visual Learner.
The Visual Learner struggles in school because traditional teaching methods often miss the foundational skills they need to master the curriculum.
We have identified 7 key challenges that have become more urgent since the educational shifts brought on by Covid:
- The Visual Learner is further behind in reading comprehension than they might have been in a regular school year.
- Many studies show that the math drop is even larger than the reading comprehension gap.
- Schools are overwhelmed and getting specific services needed for the Visual Learner continues to be a struggle.
- Processing issues are often not identified or addressed.
- Anxiety issues for the child, parent, and the teachers continue to grow.
- Most school-based solutions are not set up to identify and teach to the Visual Learner’s strengths.
- There are few resources for parents that help you to be your child’s best coach and advocate.
What a parent can do for the Visual Learner
Most educational interventions focus on what is wrong with a child. At 3D Learner, we focus on your child’s strengths and natural interests. We support the shift from a disability mentality to a strength-based philosophy.
At 3D Learner we coach our parents to focus on:
- Goal setting. Visualize where you want your child to be in 6 months and a year from now.
- Use positive language that focuses on what you want your child to do and why.
- Focus on strength-based parenting and teaching that supports your Visual Learner.
Click here to schedule a “Stress to Success” strategy session or call us at 561-361-7495