A Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment That Teaches Teach Differently
Mom googled “strength-based dyslexia treatment” and got two very different answers. The many websites that focus on phonics and phonemic awareness and one from Psychology Today titled “A Strength-based Approach Helps Children”. This article also focused on the twice-exceptional student — we see this as students who are really good in different areas and struggle with others. One quote stood out:
“Leading with strengths is important for all children”
Mom then called a friend who had been to 3D Learner. Mom shared that she had tried a well known dyslexia treatment, without success. Then she had tried another dyslexia treatment without success. Her friend asked the 2 questions we often start with:
- Does your daughter remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Is your child a lot smarter than present results would indicate?
Her friend responded, “That is what really confuses me. My daughter can remember places visited from years ago, but she cannot remember a word from the prior paragraph.
Her friend said, “Those are common traits of a visual learner — one who learns best when she sees and experiences information. I took my son to 3D Learner — a Learning Center with a Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment that teaches to a student’s strengths and would address both the attention and visual processing challenges. Her friend suggested doing the 3D Learner Success Assessment first with her daughter and then calling us.
When she did the Success Assessment with her daughter, she discovered her daughter learned differently and appeared to have a visual processing issue.
With our program, her daughter improved her reading comprehension 2 grade levels in 3 months and 3 grade levels in 7 months. Even better, she became an avid reader, her anxiety went down, her self-esteem improved and her dancing got better too. When we help the child — sports, dancing and music skills improve too.
Strength-based Dyslexia Treatment for a Child who Learns Differently
At 3D Learner, we recognize our students with dyslexia have a range of strengths and challenges. We often see students who learn differently and have attention and eye-teaming issues
Our students do far better with a strength-based dyslexia treatment that:
– Uses a 3 dimensional approach to help the student who learns differently. This helps the student to recognize word patterns, to understand what words mean and to visualize what the student reads
– Recognizes that many students with dyslexia have visual perception challenge.. That is they either skip words and lines when reading, reversal letters and/or numbers and/or have related challenges
– Many students with dyslexia have an attention challenges and more and more parents want a natural and effective solution.
We realize that most schools and outside educational testing is focused on finding out what is wrong with a child. More and more psychologists are moving towards a strength-based model, that looks to identify a student’s strengths.
More and more parents are also seeing the benefits from a Strength-based Dyslexia treatment. Let’s share two examples:
– A student had been through two years of traditional dyslexia treatment that were multi-sensory but did not help her child — they were phonics-based programs that used different modalities but focused on her son’s strengths. With our help, her son was able to improve his reading comprehension from the 58th to the 99th percentile
– Another student with dyslexia had been through the most expensive dyslexia treatment — that also claimed to be a strength-based dyslexia treatment. She made no progress with this process. year later, her comprehension was still at the 1st grade level as she entered 5th grade.
With the 3D Learner Program (R), a hands-on strength-based dyslexia treatment, this young lady improved her comprehension 4 grade levels in 6 months, doubled her reading speed and her homework time was cut in half.
We call students who learn best when they see and experience information visual learners – or 3D Learners.
5 key benefits to the 3D Learner strength-based dyslexia treatment. We:
- Tailor the program to capitalize on your child’s strengths and identify and address their challenges
- Integrate the appropriate tools.
- Engage the child. We strive to create AHA moments where your child sees the patterns
- Focus on being effective in months not years
- Help you to be the coach and advocate your child needs
Key Questions to Consider
Does your child:
– Remember places visited, even from years ago?
– Learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
– Skip word and/or lines when reading?
– Lose focus when the work is boring or frustrating?
Is your child’s present performance well below his or her potential?
Are you interested in a more engaging process that may lead to more significant reading comprehension gains and result in your child liking to read.
If you answer yes to 3, 4 or 5 of these questions, take our no cost Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference and an attention, eye-teaming and related challenges.
Then call 3D Learner at 561-361-7495 for a no cost Stress to Outrageous Success Strategy Session