Success by Third Grade or Sooner With a Parent Driven Solution
Success by Third Grade or Sooner — for Your Smart Struggling Child
Success by Third Grade or Sooner should be a top priority, but too often:
- Even smart and gifted students have reading comprehension levels below grade level by the end of third grade
- Studies show that most students who are reading below grade level at the end of third grade are still below grade level in 12th grade
- Parents invest time, money and effort to help their child succeed, without the desired results
We focus on Success by Third Grade or Sooner — with a parent driven solution for three key reasons:
1- Too often a smart struggling child fails to reach their true potential — because our systems are focused on identifying disabilities (e.g. dyslexia, learning disabilities, ADHD, etc.) and providing the appropriate services — with approaches that often fail even the brightest students
2- There are ways to help your child achieve Success by Third Grade or Sooner — although each case is different
3- Success by Third Grade or Sooner is far more likely to be achieve with a Parent Driven Solution that combines in school and out of school services
We add the or Sooner, because it is even more helpful to get a younger student up to grade level comprehension in an earlier grade.
Cases Where Parents Made Success by Third Grade or Sooner Happen
- Two kindergarten students started early in the year. They were below grade level, and with our help, by the start of first grade they were both ahead of grade level — this was considerably better than another professional had predicted
- A parent called us and said, “I want you to do for my son what you did for my friend’s child. She had been warned that her first grade was facing certain grade retention. With our help, six weeks later he was on grade level
- A second grade was at a zero Lexile — barely understand what she read. Her grandmother found us. With our help, in 6 weeks her comprehension improved to near grade level and by 3rd grade she was well above grade level
- A third grader’s mom was told her daughter was facing third grade retention and there was little mom could do about it. She called a friend who referred her to 3D Learner – with our help, her daughter scored above grade level in 3rd grade and now has a 4.3 GPA in high school
- A private school mom was told to look for a different school for her 3rd grade son. She found us on the Internet. With our help, her son improved his reading comprehension 3 grade levels in a year and according to his teacher – “he made more progress than any student I have had in 27 years of teaching.
In all these cases, committed parents and grandparents chose to make the difference
Call 3D Learner at (561)361-7495
Start the Success by Third Grade or Sooner Campaign by Asking the Right Questions
While others make focus on words like dyslexia, learning disabilities, ADHD or lazy and unmotivated, we often find that a smart struggling student is a visual learner, who is “yet to be motivated” Therefore, we start our Success by Third Grade or Sooner effort by asking:
- Does your child remember places visited even from years ago?
- Is your child a lot smarter than present results would indicate?
- Would you like to know how to help your child be all he or she can be?
These questions are designed to screen for the visual learner – who learns best when he or she sees and experiences information.
We then ask:
- Does your child lose focus when the task is boring or frustrating?
- Does your child skip words and lines when reading?
- Is anxiety a challenge for your child and you?
These questions screen for the attention, eye-teaming and anxiety challenges that can prevent a child from achieving Success by Third Grade
3D Learner can help you in many ways:
- We identify why your smart child is struggling. Many of the students facing retention are visual learners — whose preferred learning style is different than the ways schools teach. Often, students who learn differently also skip words and lines when reading, and have attention, eye-teaming and/or related issues.
- We help you expedite the evaluation process. Too often schools use the Response to Intervention process first and only evaluate students for special education after the RTI process is completed. We provide a process to expedite the evaluation process and get the two done simultaneously at Avoid The RTI Trap.
- We offer intensive and effective programs that can make the difference for your child
- We understand the Good Cause Exemptions in Florida that can help a student avoid third grade retention and how best to help your child
- Our most valuable service is helping students to improve his or her reading comprehension to grade level or above and in many cases avoid even the risk of first grade, second grade or third grade retention
We have developed a no cost assessment that indicates whether your child might be a visual learner, and to see if they might have an attention and/or visual processing challenge. To do this, we recommend can you sit down at the computer with your child, take our Success Assessment, and you will get immediate feedback. You can then call for a Success by Third Grade or Sooner Strategy Session at 561-361-7495
5 Strategies to Avoid Third Grade Retention and Achieve Success by Third Grade or Sooner
1. We teach in a hands-on way that teaches the way 65% of the students learn, and the way most smart struggling students learn.
2. We identify and address the attention and/or eye-teaming issues with natural solutions.
3. We engage your child in a way that dramatically improves his or her reading comprehension test scores. Some of our results include:
- Helping a struggling first grader go from Special Education to the Gifted Program — she was always smart, and we capitalized on her strengths and identified and addressed her challenges.
- Helping a second grader whose Lexile Score was at a 0, well below grade level, improve to grade level in 6 weeks
- Helping a 2nd grader improve from the 18th to the 49th percentile in a few months and to the 83rd percentile by 3rd grade
- Helping a 3rd grader at a private school go from the worst reader in her 3rd grade class to the best and most avid reader in her 4th grade class
- Helping a 3rd grader go from third grade retention being a virtual certainty to being above grade level within months
ALL 5 are doing very well now
4. Our students often learn to love reading. Students who are reluctant readers are really frustrated with the “Kill and Drill” approaches used in other programs. One of our second grade students told another student who was visiting our place. “This place is more fun than the beach and you learn to love reading”.
5. We help you to be the coach and advocate your child needs. We help to improve results and get your child the services he or she needs at school.
To start the process, we recommend taking our Online Success Assessment and calling us at 561-361-7495 for a No Cost Stress to Outrageous Success Strategy Session to discuss the results.
If you live in South Florida, come to our office for our short, effective and affordable assessment. Click on Focus Assessment to see what we do.
If you have already done the Success Assessment in the last year, just call us at 561-361-7495 to discuss your concerns.
3 Things You Can Do To Help Your Child Achieve Success by Third Grade or Sooner
- To better understand how your struggling gifted child learns, and how you can capitalize on those strengths, DOWNLOAD our book “Success by 3rd Grade”
- Take our free Online Success Assessment. It will help you see if your smart struggling gifted child learns differently.
- After taking the assessment, give us a call and ask us your questions. We’ll help you better understand what your struggling gifted child is dealing with, and what you can do to make a positive difference.