Success by Third Grade or Sooner should be a top priority, but too often:
- Even smart and gifted students have reading comprehension levels below grade level by the end of third grade
- Studies show that over 70% of the students who are reading below grade level at the end of third grade are still below grade level in 12th grade
- Parents have often invested time, money and effort to help their child succeed, without the desired results
- There is a focus on test scores, when many parents want far more for their child including:
- Reducing anxiety and building self-esteem
- Having their child to be both a good reader and to love reading
- Getting homework done in less time and with less stress, with higher quality
- Being happy with who they are
We focus on Success by Third Grade or Sooner — with a parent driven solution for three key reasons:
1- What success means for your child and you may include far more than better reading and test scores. At 3D Learner, we focus on what is important to you. Here is a message from Mira Halpert, M.Ed, the Founder and President of 3D Learner.
2- Too often a smart struggling child fails to reach their true potential — because our systems are focused on identifying disabilities (e.g. dyslexia, learning disabilities, ADHD, etc.) and providing the appropriate services — with approaches that often fail even the brightest students.
3- There are ways to help your child succeed that address the whole child — and your child and you are far better off with a targeted, integrated, engaging and effective approach based on your goals and aspirations.
Our parents often want far more than just good test scores
We add the or Sooner, because it is even more helpful to get a younger student up to grade level comprehension and to be successful in all aspect of their life in an earlier grade.
Cases Where Parents Made Success by Third Grade or Sooner Happen
- Two kindergarten students started early in the year. They were below grade level, and with our help, by the start of first grade they were both ahead of grade level — this was considerably better than another professional had predicted. They were able to be mainstreamed, to have time for soccer and other activities and to be happy kids
- A parent called us and said, “I want you to do for my son what you did for my friend’s child. She had been warned that her first grade was facing certain grade retention. With our help, six weeks later he was on grade level
- A second grade was at a zero Lexile — barely understand what she read. Her grandmother found us. With our help, in 6 weeks her comprehension improved to near grade level and by 3rd grade she was well above grade level – she also blossomed as a person
- A third grader’s mom was told her daughter was facing third grade retention and there was little mom could do about it. She called a friend who referred her to 3D Learner – with our help, her daughter scored above grade level in 3rd grade and now has a 4.3 GPA in high school
- A private school mom was told to look for a different school for her 3rd grade son. She found us on the Internet. With our help, her son improved his reading comprehension 3 grade levels in a year and according to his teacher – “he made more progress than any student I have had in 27 years of teaching
In all these cases, committed parents and grandparents made the difference
We recognize that your smart struggling child probably has some combination of learning differences, attention, visual processing and/or related issues. To get started, we recommend that you either:
1- Complete our Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference and attention, eye-teaming and related challenges
Focus on Success by Third Grade or Sooner for the Student who Learns Differently and Has Attention and/or Visual Processing Challenges
2- Then call us for a Stress to Success Strategy Session, or
Just call 3D Learner at (561)361-7495 and put your child on his or her Pathway From Stress to Success by Third Grade or Sooner
3 Things You Can Do To Help Your Child Achieve Success by Third Grade or Sooner
- To better understand how your struggling gifted child learns, and how you can capitalize on those strengths, DOWNLOAD our book “Success by 3rd Grade”
- Take our free Online Success Assessment. It will help you see if your smart struggling gifted child learns differently.
- After taking the assessment, give us a call and ask us your questions. We’ll help you better understand what your struggling gifted child is dealing with, and what you can do to make a positive difference.