ACT and SAT Course For The Visual Learner
SAT Starting Date: Sunday, January 21st (7 consecutive weeks)
Cost: $997 for one student and $800 for additional sibling – material included
7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Call 561-361-7495 to register
3D Learner SAT Course for The Visual Learner
The SAT Examination is rigorous in both scope and content. While our SAT Course for The Visual Learner will help all students, it works especially well for the student who learns best when the student sees and experiences information, and who may have attention and/or visual processing challenges.
The visual learner often struggles with tests like the SAT, because:
- The wording is tricky
- They have not learned to recognize patterns
- They have not developed the habit of checking their work and may not know how
- They may not have learned all the math skills that their more advanced peers know
- They have not learned to leverage their visual skills
- Their reading speed and/or comprehension may be issue
- Anxiety is often a problem
What differentiates the 3D Learner SAT Course for the Visual Learner from more traditional ones is we focus on how students can both understand the questions, solve the questions and check their answers with a visual approach. To provide more attention for our students, classes are limited to six (6) students per class.
The 3D Learner SAT course for the visual learner will consist of eight (8) three hours classes. The classes will be held at 3D Learner, 7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215, Boca Raton, FL 33433, on 8 consecutive Sundays from 11 am to 2:15 pm – with a 15 minute break between the English – Writing section and the Math section.
In the Reading and Writing Section, students will develop a familiarity with the Verbal and Writing-based Sections of the test, and refine their critical reading and writing skills. In addition:
- Classroom simulated-test activities will provide students with an opportunity to learn strategies for success, and students will learn how to adhere to the time frames set by this exam.
- Students will study etymology, augment their vocabulary, and learn the various types of multiple-choice questioning techniques that often appear on the SAT Exam.
- Students engage in hands-on practice by answering sentence completion questions, planning and writing the required persuasive essay, and by practicing how to apply their inferential reading skills.
- Attention will be paid to multiple learning styles and individual learning differences, providing students with strategies proven successful, especially for visual and auditory learners.
- A blend of in-class and home assignments, using such online tools as Khan Academy and SAT practice test sites, will optimize student results and success.
In the Math Section, we will focus on:
- The students setting clear goals for what they want to achieve and why — and then tracking progress over time
- Sharing strategies that will allow the student to quickly see patterns and to solve the easier questions quickly and correctly
- Questions that often appear on the SAT
- Showing the student how to leverage their visual skills to draw things out — so they can solve the tougher problems
- Test strategies for students who either have limited time and for those students with extended time
- Showing the students how to identify problems they could and should skip — unless they have excess time available
- Sharing ways to check their work
3D Learner ACT Course for the Visual Learner – Similar to Our SAT Course for the Visual Learner
The 3D Learner ACT course will consist of eight (8) three hours classes, designed to prepare a student for the December 9th ACTs. The classes will be held at 3D Learner, 7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215, Boca Raton, FL 33433, on 8 consecutive Sundays from 11 am to 2:15 pm – with a 15 minute break between the English – Writing section and the Math section.
Assessment and Program Options to Improve Attention, Eye-teaming and Reducing Stress/ Anxiety can Make our ACT and SAT Course for the Visual Learner even More Effective
3D Learner students often struggle with a combination of attention, eye-teaming, reading comprehension and/or anxiety challenges. We offer ways to improve all four of these items. Additional training to improve attention, eye-teaming and anxiety challenges are offered either before or after the SAT course or at a mutually agreeable time. We do offer an assessment that will evaluate your child’s reading speed and comprehension level and their attention, eye-teaming and anxiety level — for only $97.
The Interactive Metronome (R) is an excellent tool to assess and improve attention
The Visagraph (R) is an excellent tool to identify visual tracking challenges