As frustrated parents, we were told our daughter was not college material – and we were told to accept the status quo. We rejected the status quo and Mira Halpert went on to develop the 3D Learner Program (R) that helped our daughter to improve her reading comprehension 4.2 grade levels in 7 months. Over the last 20 years, we have helped thousands of frustrated parents to help their child go from Stress to Success.
As summer is almost over, you may be anxiously looking towards the beginning of the next school year, and start to wonder what this year will bring for your child.
If Your Child Struggled in School Last Year
This Next School Year is Likely to Be Worse
The standards are much higher than they used to be, and far more is expected of students in every grade.
3 Frustrated Parents Called Us Within 1 Hour
This past Monday started with a call from a mom, then a dad, and then another mom. Their messages were consistent:
- Their child has struggled in school for the last few years.
- Their child’s school told them to work more with their child and to consider a tutor in one case.
- That things would get better, just trust them.
They were all frustrated parents and wanted help. Despite the tutoring and their significant investments of time helping their children, these kids were still struggling.
Our experience of working with students has shown:
Student’s reading comprehension is below where frustrated parents thought it was and will not improve without significant help. For example,we often see:
- Rising 3rd graders whose comprehension is 1 to 2 years below grade level
- Rising 6th graders whose comprehension is 2 – 4 years below grade level
- Rising 9th graders, the comprehension issue has been 2 -7 years below grade level
The gaps often get wider as students get older.
There are three things parents recognize after a personal consultation
- Frustrated parents have often gone the extra mile with their child — and too often have been told that the school and/or tutors can address the problems. They realize, like us, that accepting the status quo will not work
- Their child learns best when he or she sees and experiences information – they are what we call 3D Learners. For the first time they realize there is a different way to help their child that plays to their child’s strengths –and is both engaging and effective
- Attention, anxiety and/or eye-teaming issues (i.e. where a child skips words and/or lines when reading) are often present.
There are three things frustrated parents like to hear:
1- With our hands-on program, their child can often dramatically improve their comprehension over a period of months not years,and they enjoy learning
2- There are natural and effective ways to improve attention and reduce anxiety
3- One can identify and often address the eye-teaming issues
We offer a no cost Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference and attention, anxiety and eye-teaming challenges. If you have not done this assessment or have not done it recently, do it with your child, you will get immediate feedback and call us at 561-361-7495 for a complimentary Stress to Success Strategy Session.
Click here to access the Success Assessment
We also offer an in office Focus Assessment that assesses your child’s reading comprehension and assesses for attention, anxiety and eye-teaming challenges. For more information and videos that show what we do, visit Focus Assessment and/or call us at 561-361-7495
No Cost Strategies You Might Want to Try
As you are preparing for the start of the new school year:
If you have an IEP (Individualized Education Plan), 504 Plan, usually provided for students with ADHD, or have a written plan for your private school child – examine it to see if improvements are needed. The key recommendations we often make include:
- Get a present level of performance for reading comprehension on passages equal in length to what your child will be tested on
- Change the IEP, 504 Plan or school plan to help your child be far more successful this next school year
- Assess for a learning difference, attention and eye-teaming issues
- Set goals for the next school year
- Find the right partner to help your child be all he or she can be
Waiting is not an option and expecting the schools to take the initiative to get your child to where she or he can be, is not realistic.
For Frustrated Parents Who Reject the Status Quo
We offer a Focus Assessment that assesses your child’s reading comprehension and assesses for attention, anxiety and eye-teaming challenges. For more information visit Focus Assessment and/or call us at 561-361-7495