3D Learner Focus Assessment Assesses Your Child’s
Reading Comprehension, Attention and Eye Teaming
Our Focus Assessment is designed to address three challenges:
- Attention, eye-teaming and/or anxiety challenges often exist in the same child
- Reading comprehension issues are often more significant that parents thought they were
- 3D Learner has developed a Focus Assessment where for an affordable investment, we can:
- Assess all these factors
- Offer you a targeted, integrated, engaging and effective option for your child and you
Call us at 561-361-7495 to discuss how you
make the difference for your child
Two Focus Assessment Options
1- Assess for Reading Comprehension, Attention, Eye-teaming, and anxiety
2- Brain Training assessment for attention, eye-teaming and anxiety
Our Focus Assessment assesses for attention, eye-teaming, reading comprehension and visual motor integration — for those without a reading problem we can assess attention, eye-teaming and anxiety. What most parents will do first is our Success Assessment, that is an on-line screening tool used to see if your child might be a visual learner, who may have attention, visual processing and related challenges. You should do this assessment with your child – -their answers may surprise you — click here for our Success Assessment.
Our Focus Assessment includes assessing:
- Attention — using the Interactive Metronome ®
- Visual Processing — using the Visagraph ®
- Reading Comprehension using Reading Plus ® for 4th graders and above and a Woodcock Johnson Comprehensive Assessment for younger students
- Visual Motor Integration (movement)
Then we work with you to develop a Success Plan on what to focus on and how you can make the difference
5 things parents often learn from the Focus Assessment:
- That their child often loses focus after just a few minutes. The Interactive Metronome allows you to see what is happening – the video below shows what often happens to students when they lose focus
- That their child skips words and lines when reading — this is true with more than 70% of our students — the video below shows a student who had this problem and how much progress he was able to make after 5 weeks of training
- Their child’s present level of reading speed and comprehension — with passages of comparable length to what students are tested on
- Whether their child’s left and right sides are effectively integrated
- The parents get to experience some of the tools we use and to see how we work with students
To discuss your situation & the Focus Assessment call us at 561-361-7495
Watch these two videos that explain the attention and eye-teaming parts of the focus assessment.
Eye-teaming issues are often missed or misunderstood. Our Focus Assessment provides an excellent screening tool, the Visagraph ® (on the left). that shows how a child’s eyes track when reading.
Our reading assessment evaluates a student’s reading speed and comprehension (not oral fluency). Students read longer passages and the results show their reading comprehension and silent fluency, as well as their vocabulary level. Most schools assess students by having them read a short passage aloud, without testing their comprehension.
Our visual motor assessment often identifies students who are lacking fine and gross motor skills that impact learning. This includes difficulties with coordination and balance.
One mom commented,
“My child’s school told me her reading was a year below grade level, now I discovered her comprehension was 3 years below grade level. I never understood this before”