Florida Reading Scholarship Worth $500
The Florida Reading Scholarship can be used to offset the cost of the 3D Learner Program (R). Note, we have helped hundreds of students who got a Level 1 or 2 on the prior year English Language Assessment to get back to grade level or above the following year.
Below is a short video we created on the Florida Reading Scholarship.
In 2018, the Florida Reading Scholarship was created. The scholarship details include:
- The Florida Reading Scholarship is for third, fourth and fifth graders who got a Level 1 or 2 on the 2018 English Language Assessment
- Priority will be given to English Language Learners
- There is a $9.4 million budget for the Florida Reading Scholarship
- Details on the scholarship and enrollment will take place later this year
- The program is designed to help students NOW!!!
- The funding cap is real, so you want to learn more and to get on the interest list with Step Up for Students is to click on Reading Scholarship. Step Up for Students is one of the groups that will be administering the program.
Parents have already called us and inquired whether the funding can be used to cover part of the investment in our program.
The simple answer is yes — the funds can be used towards the costs of our program.
For all of the other Florida Scholarships (the McKay Scholarship and the Gardiner Scholarship), the program was expanded after the first year or two. If your child is a third, fourth or fifth grader who got a 1 or 2 on the English Languague Assessment, we recommend you act now — because the funding may not cover all the parents who apply.
Again, go to Reading Scholarship for more information.
To be notified when Step Up for Students starts accepting applications click on Florida Reading Scholarship Notification
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how to help your child, call us at 561-361-7495.
Most smart struggling kids who got a Level 1 or 2 on the English Language Assessment and later came to us, had three, four or five of the following challenges:
1- Reading comprehension was well below grade level
2- Their eyes skipped words and/or lines when reading
3- They lost focus quickly
4- They were anxious
5- They had the potential to do much better and but they needed a different approach that was tailored, engaging and effective. For more information visit our blog post on Tailored, Engaging and Effective Programs.
At 3D Learner, we offer a Focus Assessment that will assess your child’s reading comprehension, visual processing, attention and anxiety. For more information visit our Focus Assessment page — where we share videos that show the visual processing and attention assessment. You can then call us at 561-361-7495 to discuss our programs, the Florida Reading Scholarship or both.
For more information on how we overcome Intervention Exhaustion and can help your child succeed, visit our Tailored, Engaging and Effective Program page