An online dyslexia treatment is not new, but it is needed more than ever now. When seeking a dyslexia treatment it is important to understand what your goals are. Jennifer had tried one dyslexia treatment than another. Still her second grader was reading at the kindergarten level.
She told a friend that she needed a more effective program. Her daughter was still struggling with reading, and reading comprehension was the real issue. Her daughter also avoided reading.
Here is how our “Dyslexia Treatment” worked for her child.
The good news is we can now do this online, with excellent results.
Tailored, Integrated, Engaging and Effective Dyslexia Treatment
As described in the video, we discovered our student was:
- A visual learner
- Had a visual processing problem – she skipped words and lines when reading
- Able to hyper-focus when interested, but often lost focus when she was not
Our ability to help a student to improve his or her reading comprehension by 2 grade levels in 3 months and by 3 grade levels in 7 months is an outcome that many of our students achieve. What really excited Jennifer and so many of our parents is that her daughter:
- Started to love reading and read 30 books in the next 6 months
- Improved her attention, visual processing and motor planning
- Became a much better dancer — and mom learned to be an even better coach and advocate for her daughter.
The key is we look at these smart kids differently. We recognize that the majority of students with dyslexia are a visual learner, and for these students, it may be appropriate to look at dyslexia differently. meaning …
Dr. Linda Silverman, the Founder and Director of the Gifted Development Center offers a great paper on identifying the visual learner.
Is Your Child a Visual Learner?
Some of the key questions to ask are:
Does your child:
- Remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Does your child learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
- Is your child a lot smarter than present results would indicate?
If these are true, you may want to consider a dyslexia treatment that:
- Teaches to your child’s strengths
- Identifies and addresses his or her problems
- Helps your child to make significant gains in months not years
- Turns your child into an avid reader who loves reading
- Boosts your child’s self-esteem
- Gives you tools you can use to be the coach and advocate your child needs
To make it easier for you to assess your child we offer:
- A no cost Success Assessment you can do with your child. It provides interesting insights, you get immediate feedback and then you can …
- Call for a stress to success strategy at 561-361-7495