3D Learner is a Multisensory Dyslexia Treatment focused on improving reading comprehension. We also improve test scores and a love for reading. We are multisensory (i.e. integrating visual, kinesthetic and auditory approaches). We also integrate efforts to improve word recognition, vocabulary, eye-teaming, visualization skills and comprehension.
Orton Gillingham (R) was the first multisenosry dyslexia treatment. This article “Orton Gillingham: What You Need to Know, states several points including:
- It pioneered the “multisensory” approach. It was the first teaching approach specifically designed to help struggling readers by explicitly teaching the connections between letters and sounds
- This multisensory dyslexia treatment focuses on teaching kids to read at the word level. While it can help develop reading comprehension, that is not the primary goal.
- Students might learn the letter s by seeing it, saying its name and sounding it out while writing it with their fingers in shaving cream.
3D Learner Multisensory Dyslexia Treatment Focused on Improves Reading Comprehension with a Visual-Experiential Process
The 3D Learner Multisensory Dyslexia Treatment can be focused on reading comprehension and the love for reading. Too often we have seen students who have had 2, 3 or in one cases 7 years of Orton-Gillingham training. These students were often 2, 3 and in one case 6 years below grade level in reading comprehension. These students had a combination of strengths and challenges that often included:
- Many students with dyslexia are visual learners. These students learn best with a more hands-on experiential program. They benefit from a whole to part program that plays to their strengths and they had problems with …
- Sight word vocabulary. They often did not understand words like what, but, if and others that do not generate a picture
- Word recognition. They did not recognize words they had seen but not mastered
- Eye-teaming. They skipped words and lines when reading — as said in an Understood.org article on Frequently Asked Questions on Vision and Dyslexia ” Eye and vision problems don’t cause dyslexia, but they can co-occur in the same child.”
- Working memory. Rule based programs and learning require a strong memory for what a child learns.
- Processing speed was really slow.
Improve Reading Comprehension in Months Not Years
The goods news is that with our Integrated Multisensory Dyslexia Treatment we have helped many students to improve his or her reading comprehension. The gains have often been 2 3 and even 4 grade levels in 4 to 6 months
We do offer a no cost Success Assessment that screens for the visual learner and for attention and eye-teaming challenges. Do this with your child You will get immediate feedback. You can then call us at 561-361-7495 for a Stress to Reading Comprehension Success Strategy Session or
Call us at 561-361-7495