If Your Child Has Dyslexia, is there a Better Treatment Than a Dyslexia Treatment
Another Dyslexia Treatment? Lisa’s mom had been through two psycho-educational tests, with dyslexia being the diagnosis. She had been through one lower cost dyslexia treatment and then one being the mos expensive dyslexia treatment — with her parents spending over $40,000. Lisa’s reading fluency had improved to the 4th grade level, meaning how well she read out loud was only a year below grade level. The three challenges were:
- Her reading comprehension was 4 years below grade level
- Homework that was supposed to take between 45 minutes and an hour was taking 2.5 to 3 hours, for both Lisa and her mom
- Lisa was convinced there was something wrong with her
A Mom on a Mission Learners Her Child Has Dyslexia and is a Visual-Spatial Learner
Mom was told by a friend to try and different dyslexia treatment. Instead, she looked for an Alternative Dyslexia Treatment and found the 3D Learner Website. Mom was intrigued by the first 3 questions:
- Does your child remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Does your child learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
- Is your child a lot smarter than his or her present level of reading comprehension would indicate?
That was Lisa to a T.
The next three questions resonated too,
- Does your child lose focus when the work is boring or frustrating
- Does your child skip words and lines when reading?
- Does your child get anxious and frustrated when doing homework and taking tests?
Not all students with dyslexia learn differently and have an attention and eye-teaming challenge, but many have two or three of these attributes.
Alternative Dyslexia Treatment Capitalizes on Strengths and Addresses the Challenges
Mom was really interested in our program that taught to her child’s strengths, identified and addresses the issues and leverage the previous work she had done. She sat down with Lisa and completed our Success Assessment
The follow-up Stress to Success Strategy Session confirmed mom’s suspicions. Our program could fit Lisa’s needs.
Six months later Lisa had shown dramatic improvement:
- Her reading comprehension had improved from the 1st to the 5th grade level
- Her reading speed had doubled from 115 to 229 words per minute
- Homework time was down from 2.5 to 3 hours to and an hour to an hour and 15 minutes — with mom only needing to be there occasionally — for 15 to 20 minutes
Lisa’s confidence had soared.
Alternative Dyslexia Treatment May Be Right for 80% of the Students with Dyslexia
There are no formal studies we have found about how many students with dyslexia are visual-spatial learners, who learn best when he or she see and experience information. Based on discussions with others, we would estimate between 80 and 90% of the student with dyslexia are visual-spatial learners.
We would also estimate, based on our experience, that most have either an attention and/or eye-teaming issues.
If this sounds like your child, take We our Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference and attention and eye-teaming issues. You will get immediate results and then you can call for a no cost Stress to Success Strategy Session at 561-361-7495.
If your child has dyslexia, we recommend you consider both a traditional dyslexia treatment and 3D Learner – and do what is best for your child.
The best way to start the process is to sit down at the computer with your child and do the Success Assessment.