Improving reading comprehension in months is possible, and now (during COVID-19) is the right time to address it. The present conditions include a combination of risks and opportunities including:
- Many student’s reading comprehension will fall further below grade level since they will have been out of traditional school for 5 months
- Students will have more time than ever to work on improving reading comprehension. Attending Summer camps, whether away or at home, may be limited and parents may still be home
- With the right effort, students who may have fallen further below grade level may be able to improve their reading comprehension to grade level or above
For immediate assistance, call 3D Learner at 561-361-7495
Reading Comprehension vs Reading Programs
Many reading program focus on phonics and phonemic awareness. These programs aim to master the sounds and the blending of sounds to improve reading. At 3D Learner, we look at the whole child and ask the following 5 questions:
Does your child
- Learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
- Skip words and lines when reading?
- Lose focus when reading?
- Is your child’s reading comprehension far lower than you think it should be?
- Would you like to know how to significantly improve your child’s reading comprehension?
Improve Reading Comprehension by Capitalizing on Strengths and Address the Challenges
At 3D Learner, we offer a tailored, integrated, engaging, and effective approach. Specifically our program is:
- Tailored to meet your child’s needs. We realize that many students are:
- Visual learners who learn best when they see and experience information.
- Struggling with some combination of eye-teaming, attention, working memory, anxiety and/or related issues
- Struggling with basic skills like word recognition and sight word vocabulary
- Needing a program that is tailored to meet his or her specific needs
- Integrated. We are not a traditional reading program that focuses on the sound symbol relationship, although we do address it. We realize the visual learner benefits from:
- A hands-on approach that teaches them how to leverage their strengths and visualization skills
- A program that identifies and addresses their processing challenges
- Parents gaining insights on how to help their child get the services they need from school and how to get homework done in less time and with less stress
- Web-based programs that can accelerate your child’s comprehension growth
- Engaging. Students today are often bored and frustrated with traditional efforts. Our staff is both engaging and effective.
- Effective at helping them to improve their reading comprehension and love for learning
We have developed a no cost screening tool that can help you to understand your child’s strengths and challenges. Do this with your child — his or her answers may surprise you.
Note, we can offer different investment options based on your situation.
You can access our no cost screening tool at Success Assessment, then
Call 3D Learner at 561-361-7495 to discuss how you can help your child significantly improve his or her reading comprehension