“Are you similar to or different than Sylvan Learning?”, asked a mom.
Our response was simple, “the only thing that is similar between a Sylvan Learning Center and 3D Learner is that we often see the same kids.
The mom had gotten a quote from a Sylvan Learning Center (R) for over 400 hours for her son. The mom wanted to know if that was similar to our estimate.
Sylvan Learning is a well-respected learning program.
Some challenges and differences:
– Sylvan Learning Centers often quote hundreds of hours of tutoring, while we often quote 30 hours and then reassess the situation
– Sylvan Learning Centers have parents sign a long term contract — we do not
– A Sylvan Learning Center has teachers they pay relatively low wages to. We expect more tailoring from our teachers and pay more
– Sylvan Learning Centers do straight forward tutoring — we do many things:
– 3D Learner assesses for and addresses attention, visual tracking, anxiety and related issues
– Sylvan helps a broad base of students — we focus on the large number of students who learn best when the students sees and experiences information with our proprietary system
– A Sylvan Learning Center will tutor your child — we provide foundational skills for the student and build from there and we help the parents to be the coach and advocate their child needs
– Sylvan Learning Centers are all over the world — we are in Boca Raton and Weston, FL — but we help students from all over the world
– We are not aware of one prospective parent who came from our area who considered both options and who went to a Sylvan Learning Center
– Sylvan is less expensive on a per hour basis — we are less expensive overall
– Students improve at Sylvan, 3D Learner is in the business of changing student’s and parents’ lives
We encourage parents to compare their options