What Your Smart Struggling Child Needs
Jennifer was your classic smart struggling child. She had problems with language arts, with spelling words, writing, math word problems and just paying attention. Three years of tutoring had helped. Rather than getting Cs and Ds, Jennifer was now getting As and Bs. These grades were based on getting As for getting homework and projects done well, but her test scores were not as good. Her standardized test scores were still below grade level.
Her mother was about to hire her tutor for yet another year, when a friend shared her experiences. She too had spent $200 a week for 3 years – or about $18000. Her son had been on the A/B grade level, but he was still dependent on the tutor, his reading comprehension and test scores were below grade level, and she knew there had to be a better way.
She had asked a friend for advise. Her friend had previously tried two tutors and a nationally known learning center without improving the reading comprehension or standardized test scores. Then a friend had shared some information about 3D Learner. Her friend told her:
- The no cost online success assessment she had done with her daughter opened her eyes to her daughter’s strengths and challenges
- The no cost stress to success strategy session had opened her eyes to how common a learning difference and the related challenges were. It also made her aware there waa a way to make the difference
- The Focus Assessment she had done at our office was a game changer. She had previously seen a before and after Visagraph (R) (i.e. a system that shows how a student’s eyes track when reading), and the in office assessment confirmed her daughter had the eye-teaming, attention and anxiety challenge
- She had been pleasantly surprised by the results of our training, where
- Her daughter’s confidence was better almost immediately
- Her daughter’s reading comprehension went up 3 grade levels in 6 months
- Her daughter’s standardized test scores went from below grade level to well above grade level
- Homework time and stress went down, without ongoing tutoring
- Her daughter now had time to enjoy extracurricular activities and her friends
Then her mother got a card from her friend that asked:
Does your smart struggling child:
- Remember places visited even from years ago?
- Learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
- Have difficulty paying attention to that which is boring?
- Skip words and lines when reading?
- Get anxious when taking tests or bring asked to read aloud in class?
She recognized her daughter had a great visual memory, had an attention and anxiety challenge, but she had no idea if her daughter skipped words and lines when reading
Mom than went to our website with her daughter and took our Success Assessment. The assessment confirmed her daughter learned differently and had attention and anxiety challenges, and it also indicated she probably had an eye-teaming issue — where her daughter’s eyes got tired when reading and she did skip words and lines when reading. Mom asked Jennifer why she had never mentioned this before – and Jennifer said what many students have said, “I thought everyone had this problem!”
When mom called our office she asked, “What do you do that makes the difference”
7 Ways 3D Learner is Different for Your Smart Struggling Child
The first key difference is we focus on helping your child to make significant gains
We capitalize on your child’s gifts and interests
We target our effort to what your smart struggling child needs — each child is different
We integrate our efforts – we use well proven tools to improve attention, visual processing, reduce anxiety and to improve reading speed and comprehension
Our clay based approach to mastering words and visualizing what your child needs is both engaging and effective
We help parents to be the coach and advocate your child needs with a collaborative approach
We have the experience with four of our own children and thousands of others to make significant gains in months not years
If You Have a Smart Struggling Child, You Can Either
Take our Success Assessment with your child and then call us — we will have the results of your assessment immediately.
Call us at 561-361-7495 and put your child on his or her Pathway from Stress to Success in Months Not Years