Boca Raton Reading Tutor For Success in Months Not Years
Finding the right Boca Raton Reading Tutor had taken mom 3 years to find. She had been told to work on reading fluency, she had been told daughter needed an Orton-Gillingham Tutor, and she had been told to trust the school.
She had invested in 6 different Boca Raton reading tutors until she read these questions:
– Does your child remember places visited, even from years ago?
– Does your child learn best when he or she sees and experiences information?
– Does your child lose focus when bored or frustrated?
– Does your child skip words and lines when reading?
– Are your child’s reading comprehension and test scores below what you would expect given how smart your child is?
When she called to discuss these questions, there were 5 thoughts that became clearer
1- She recognized her son learned differently. The logical, sequential and auditory approach used by schools and most Boca Raton Tutors did not work for her son — she was interested in an approach that played to his strengths
2- The attention problem had caused a battle in her family. One parent had thought an attention problem existed, while the other knew he could hyper-focus on that which was interesting – video games. They did not realize that the ability to hyper-focus on that which is interesting and to lose focus on that which was boring was consistent with an attention problem
3- They eye-teaming issue was new to them. They knew their child has good vision, but when they had done our Success Assessment with their son — it became clear a vision issue existed
4- They did not realize that kids who learn differently and who have both attention and eye-teaming issues was very common — over 62% of the students learn differently and over half the students we see who learn differently also have an attention and eye-teaming issue. They also did not realize their son’s reading speed was half of what was expected.
5- That if their child was taught to his strengths, his attention and eye-teaming issues were addressed and he had the learning strategies to succeed, he could accomplish significant gains in months not years.
Mom asked a several excellent questions:
– Why don’t schools test for learning differences and eye-teaming issues?
– How come reading speed has never even been discussed?
– How come you say it is possible for my son to achieve success in months not years and the school tells me either
– Don’t worry, everyone learns to read at their own speed
– It will take 2 to 3 years to get your child back to grade level
Our answers were straightforward:
1- We have the luxury of working with committed parents and too often their children are overlooked, because there are other students with more pressing needs
2- We cannot explain why schools do not focus on learning differences, eye-teaming issues and achieving success in months not years
3- We provide an integrated system that is designed to deliver results in months not years and we work collaboratively with parents, schools and other professionals.
For more information”
If your child is in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grades go to Success by Third Grade
If your child is in 4th grade or above, go to Success in Months Not Years
Then take our Success Assessment and call us at 561-361-7495