Reading Program for Young Adults That Connects with Them
Each week we get calls from very concerned parents with messages like this:
– My high school student used to be on track, now reading comprehension has become the issue
– My child was doing well until this year and now he has gone from an A/B student to a C/D student– HELP!!!
– My college student is struggling. What should I do?
The first answer to this question is to understand that …
More Smart Students are Struggling Than Ever
For too many years, students got to high school and college without the required reading skills. Most programs focus on reading fluency — how well a child reads out loud. We had this problem for our daughter. The 3D Learner Program (R) is more than a Reading Program for Young Adults — we work on attention, eye-teaming and internal motivation. We can tailor our efforts to work on the key needs your young adult has.
At 3D Learner, our expertise includes:[list type=arrow_list]
- Helping parents to understand why your smart child is struggling
- Sharing strategies that can help immediately at no cost
- Offering intensive and effective programs that can lead to Success in Months and Not Years
- Being able to relate to older students – – 3D Learner was developed for our high school junior and we have helped high school students, college students, and medical school students to go from Stress to Success — with one student this year graduating from Medical School, after she had almost given up
At 3D Learner, our program includes:[list type=arrow_list]
- The Structure of Intellect Assessment that identifies how your child learns best, his or her strengths and challenges and we can include an assessment of how your child’s skills fit the careers he or she are considering
- The Interactive Metronome (R) that both assesses attention over time and can be used to significantly improve attention and self-control
- Our 3D Learner System (R) that teaches a student how to visualize what he or she reads, to improve their memory and to learn to enjoy reading
- The Reading Plus Software (R) that helps us to assess your child’s present level of reading speed and comprehension and their vocabulary level — Reading Plus can then be used to significantly improve reading speed and comprehension and your child’s vocabulary level
- Student coaching to help the student to set goals, set up systems that work, improve their self-esteem and self-advocacy skills and we can provide on-going coaching
- Parent coaching to allow you to be the parent needs you to be
The key questions you might want to consider include:[list type=arrow_list]
- Does my child remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Does my child lose focus when reading?
- Does my child skip words and lines when reading?
- Would my child benefit from a system that significantly improved his or her reading speed and comprehension,
If you answered yes to any of these questions, as so many of our parents do, your child may need a different program that teachers the way your child learns and identifies and addresses his or her challenges. What is most surprising to us is how many children learn differently and have both an attention and visual tracking issue.
Nancy, the mother of a 10h grader, reported that her son’s school had assessed his reading and it was about a year below grade level. Then he completed our 3D Learner Assessment that showed he learned differently, had an attention issue, skipped words and lines when reading and his…
reading comprehension was 5 years below grade level.
Mom had invested in an excellent phonics-based program. The program had improved her son’s reading fluency (i.e. how well he read out loud) but his reading comprehension (i.e. how well he understood what he read) was far below grade level.
Older Students Often Avoid Reading Difficult Material
With the 3D Learner Program ® and a committed effort, this young man was able to make 5 years gains in his reading comprehension in 6 months. His reading speed doubled, and he was able to handle his work more independently.
We have had many students like this over the years. However, as the new standards are being implemented resulting in a significant number of students who are below grade level.
High school and college students face three major challenges:
1- Their reading speed and comprehension are often far below where it should be
2- Most reading programs focus on fluency and not comprehension, attention and eye-teaming issues
3- Most programs are designed for younger students
3D Learner addresses the whole child and we relate very well to high school, college and older adult students.
3D Learner — More Than Just a Reading Program for Young Adults
The comprehension challenges will be even greater for students who learn differently and have a combination of attention, visual tracking and related challenges.
When these issues overlap, students have difficulties that go unnoticed by teachers.
At 3D Learner, we would like to help you understand:
- What is your child’s reading comprehension based on the new standards
- Does your child learn differently, and does your child have an attention, visual tracking, or related issue that is holding him or her back
- How you can help your child to get back to grade level in months and not years
3 Things You Can Immediately Do To Help Your Child
- Take our free Online Success Assessment. It will help you see if your child learns differently.
- After taking the assessment, give us a call and ask us your questions. We’ll help you better understand what your child is dealing with, and what you can do to make a positive difference. You will also have the opportunity to join our weekly conference call.
- Have your young adult child come by with you for a visit — we only work with young adults who want the help and who believe we can help — give us a call today at 561-361-7495