Best Way to Avoid Third Grade Retention — Success by Third Grade
Take Our Online Success Assessment With Your Child and Call Us at 561-361-7495
The new standards are very different than the old ones – whether your child is in public, charter or private schools. The reading texts are one year to a year and a half harder, and reading comprehension is now an integral part of all subjects – math, science and social studies.
If you have a smart struggling child, you may be frustrated that tutoring, specialized programs and all the work you are doing at home is not enough to get your child to grade level.
In the past, there were a number of parents concerned with third grade retention. Now grade retention is being raised as a possibility for first, second and third grade students in public, charter and private schools.
There are three major challenges for these kids:
- Most programs are logical, sequential and auditory – designed to teach the same way schools do, just with small group, or one on one training. Tutoring or specialized programs work for some children, but for the child who learns differently the results can be less than expected.
- Many smart students who learn differently have attention, eye-teaming or related issues. Few programs either identify or address these challenges.
3. As parents, we are often told, “Your child will out grow the problem”, or “you should medicate your child” – when the combination of a learning difference and related challenges makes this very unlikely
As parents, we experienced all these problems and more. At 3D Learner, our first effort is to help you to be an Informed, Empowered and Proactive Parent who:
- [list type=arrow_list]
- Knows if your child learns differently
- Knows if there is an attention, eye-teaming and/or related problem
- Is aware of alternative programs that teach the ways your child learns and identify and address the attention, eye-teaming and related challenges with natural, integrated and effective tools
We can help
We have 3 ways to help you understand your child, at no cost.
- [list type=arrow_list]
- We have written a short book to help you to understand the risks and how you can help your child – you can download at no cost – Success by Third Grade» Click here to download
- We have developed a Online Success Assessment that screens for a learning difference, attention, eye-teaming and related challenges.
- We will provide a no cost consult that identifies the key challenges and provides you with ways to help your child achieve Success by Third Grade
If you have already completed the Success Assessment in the last 6 months, call us for a consult. If you completed the Assessment more than 6 months ago, you may want to do it again with your child, as the answers change over time. Then call us for a consult.
Start now by downloading Success by Third Grade, completing the assessment with your child and then calling for a consult – and put your child on his or her Pathway to Success by Third Grade
We have helped close to 1000 students achieve success by third grade, and most parents see results within months not years[/list]