Smart Struggling Student? How You Can Make The Difference
Helping the smart struggling student is our forte. We have three core beliefs:
- A smart struggling student will often struggle for years if you do not tap into their strengths and identify their challenge
- Smart struggling students can often succeed in months not years
- Parents are often the key people to make the difference
It’s so easy, and so common for the parents of smart struggling student to be confused.
If you meet with three different professionals, it’s not unusual to hear three different opinions. You might be told…
- Your smart struggling student doesn’t have dyslexia or a learning disability. ADHD or a Central Processing Disorder may be the major issue
- Your child has a mild case of dyslexia or a learning disability. ADHD or CAPD is another issue that may surface
- Your smart struggling child simply needs to learn discipline and focus. The solution is tough love and a tutor.
But without the right approach, significant problems can surface, and can easily grow worse. Conversely, with the right help, we have seen students improve their comprehension from:
- The 18th percentile to the 83rd percentile
- The 48th percentile to the 95th percentile
- The 58th to the 99th percentile
What Frustrates Parents of a Smart Struggling Student
- The student is put into average, or even special education classes, where boredom takes over and academic performance goes from bad to worse.
- The child is placed in classes with lots of children with behavior issues. This frustrates your child and he or she loses focus and drive.
- Small fortunes are spent on psychological testing and programs that completely miss the key issue of identifying howBut what’s really happening?
Here’s what we have learned from decades of working with smart struggling students.
- A smart struggling child usually learns differently.
- A smart struggling child often has a combination of attention visual processing and related issues.
- The right approach to learning can lead to significant improvements in reading comprehension, test scores and the yearn to learn.
To see if your child learns differently and has attention and/or visual perceptions issues take our no cost Success Assessment, get immediate feedback and call for a no cost consult
His Teacher Thought He Was Hyperactive and Stupid – this Smart Struggling Student Learned Differently and Changed the World
After three months in a classroom in Port Huron, Michigan, his mother pulled him out of school to teach him at home. Because seven-year-old Thomas Edison was asking too many questions, couldn’t build his vocabulary, and couldn’t get the hang of arithmetic, the school didn’t know what to do with him.
His mother did. She gave him science books, which he devoured.
Does Your Smart Struggling Student Have the Potential to Be Significantly More Successful?
We help you by giving you insights into your child’s strengths and challenges and then giving you options that are proven to help students unlock their true potential for success.
Year after year, parents have told us our system helps their smart struggling children experience less frustration. We’ve been told that self-esteem issues, hyperactivity and excitability often fade away.
The first step to take is to understand how your smart struggling child learns. Our Success Assessment sheds valuable light on this.
Our assessment will screen for a learning difference and whether your child may have an attention, visual processing or related issues.
When your Smart Struggling Child gets the right training and the right support, remarkable breakthroughs can take place.
3 Things You Can Do To Help Your Smart Struggling Student
- To better understand how your smart struggling child learns, and how you can capitalize on those strengths, DOWNLOAD Mira’s short, uplifting book “Life is a Ball, Don’t Put Me in a Box.”
- Take our free Online Success Assessment. It will help you see if your smart struggling child learns differently.
- After taking the assessment, give us a call and ask us your questions. We’ll help you better understand what your smart struggling child is dealing with, and what you can do to make a positive difference.
A Smart Struggling Child Can Often Succeed in Months Not Years
“Your program has helped Britney and our family tremendously.”
“We wanted to take a moment and thank you for everything you did for Britney. You helped us to understand that we had a smart struggling child. She has been taking Advance Math & Science classes this year and made the honor roll. Big improvement for a student who in 4th grade they wanted to hold her back, and in 7th grade was struggling with D/C average in regular classes.
I can see this newfound confidence in her, and as a parent it is the most important thing that you want for your child.
She has developed a level of confidence that I have not seen before. I think seeing the results of her testing allowed her to see that she really was very capable and actually smart.
The general talks with Mira about her learning style really clicked with Britney. I could see the realization in her eyes when Mira would give her examples of how to do visual tasks. She began to realize with every example that someone really understood how she learns and it validated her. Mira has an enormous amount of patience and compassion.
Your program has helped Britney and our family tremendously. Without you we would have struggled without answers for many more years.
Thank you for being a part of that and helping her to be the best she can.”
Chris and Laurie Ganio
Coral Springs, FL
Take the Free 3D Learner Success Assessment and in just a few minutes you’ll have helpful, new information about your smart struggling child!