For Your Visual Learner
Starting date: Sunday, October 8th, 2017
7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Each course will run for 8 weeks.
Price for each course: $1200 for one child and $2000 for two children, materials included
3D Learner SAT Course
The SAT Examination is rigorous in both scope and content.
The visual learner often struggles with tests like the SAT
What differentiates the 3D Learner SAT Course from more traditional ones is our focus on the visual learner (i.e., students who learn best when viewing and experiencing information) and who may have attention and/or visual processing challenges. To provide more attention for our students, classes are limited to six (6) students per class.
The 3D Learner SAT course will consist of eight (8) three hours classes, designed to prepare a student for the December 2nd SATs. The classes will be held at 3D Learner, 7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215, Boca Raton, FL 33433, on 8 consecutive Sundays from 11 am to 2:15 pm – with a 15 minute break between the English – Writing section and the Math section. The dates are:
|October 8th||October 15th|
|October 22nd||October 29th|
|November 5th||November 12th|
|November 19th*||November 26th*|
* Thanksgiving week dates subject to change.
In the Reading and Writing Section, students will develop a familiarity with the Verbal and Writing-based Sections of the test, and refine their critical reading and writing skills. In addition:
- Classroom simulated-test activities will provide students with an opportunity to learn strategies for success, and students will learn how to adhere to the time frames set by this exam.
- Students will study etymology, augment their vocabulary, and learn the various types of multiple-choice questioning techniques that often appear on the SAT Exam.
- Students engage in hands-on practice by answering sentence completion questions, planning and writing the required persuasive essay, and by practicing how to apply their inferential reading skills.
- Attention will be paid to multiple learning styles and individual learning differences, providing students with strategies proven successful, especially for visual and auditory learners.
- A blend of in-class and home assignments, using such online tools as Khan Academy and SAT practice test sites, will optimize student results and success.
In the Math Section, we will focus on:
- The students setting clear goals for what they want to achieve and why — and then tracking progress over time
- Sharing strategies that will allow the student to quickly see patterns and to solve the easier questions quickly and correctly
- Questions that often appear on the SAT
- Showing the student how to leverage their visual skills to draw things out — so they can solve the tougher problems
- Test strategies for students who either have limited time and for those students with extended time
- Showing the students how to identify problems they could and should skip — unless they have excess time available
- Sharing ways to check their work
3D Learner ACT Course – Similar to Our SAT Course
The 3D Learner ACT course will consist of eight (8) three hours classes, designed to prepare a student for the December 9th ACTs. The classes will be held at 3D Learner, 7100 W Camino Real, Suite 215, Boca Raton, FL 33433, on 8 consecutive Sundays from 11 am to 2:15 pm – with a 15 minute break between the English – Writing section and the Math section. The dates are:
October 8th October 15th October 22nd October 29th November 5th November 12th November 19th* November 26th*
* Thanksgiving week dates subject to change.
Assessment and Program Options to Improve Attention, Eye-teaming and Reducing Stress/ Anxiety can Make our SAT and ACT Courses even More Effective
3D Learner students often struggle with a combination of attention, eye-teaming, reading comprehension and/or anxiety challenges. We offer ways to improve all four of these items. Additional training to improve attention, eye-teaming and anxiety challenges are offered either before or after the SAT course or at a mutually agreeable time. We do offer an assessment that will evaluate your child’s reading speed and comprehension level and their attention, eye-teaming and anxiety level — for only $97.
The Interactive Metronome (R) is an excellent tool to assess and improve attention
The Visagraph (R) is an excellent tool to identify visual tracking challenges
For more information on the 3D Learner SAT Course, the 3D Learner ACT Course, or our Attention, Eye-Teaming and Anxiety Assessment and Program call us at 561-361-7495.