Now Is The Right Time to Make The Difference
Are you asking yourself whether your child should be held back while they are still in early elementary grades (K-3)? This is a difficult decision because many states, including Florida, are making it mandatory that students be retained in 3rd grade if they do not pass state mandated tests.
If your child is facing 3rd grade retention in Florida, there are options for promotion. We can help your child maximize their chances for promotion and reading at grade level. Call us at 561-361=7495
Grade retention, while only impacting a small segment of our students, is a very controversial subject. As discussed in this Brooking Institute article Grade Retention is often seen as self-defeating.
If your child is facing retention in the lower grades, 3D Learner can help.
What decision is the right decision for your child?
There is no easy answer. However, expecting the schools to help your child achieve grade level reading and math proficiency is delusional. As a parent of four kids, we learned that we had to find outside resources to help our children.
Smart kids who learn differently need a “different” approach than the one they get every day at school.
Remember Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity:
“Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
It is far more effective to intervene sooner rather than later.
If your child is struggling with reading comprehension, or hates to read, and you realize that he/she has the potential to do far better…now is the time to act.
Whether a child is in public, private or charter schools, it is the proactive parent who chooses to make the difference for their child – the sooner the better. There is still time to change the trajectory for your child this school year and over the summer.
The 3D Learner approach is an active, hands-on program that includes dealing with attention, visual motor integration, visualization, memory, reading fluency and comprehension skills, all in one program.
Our teachers are experienced and highly trained in multiple programs, including Orton-Gillingham® and Linda Mood Bell®. The core of our program is a patented and well tested clay-based program that capitalized on your child’s visualization skills.
What can you expect with our help:
- Two of our key goals are to improve reading comprehension and the love of reading
- Your child will do far better on both reading and standardized tests
- Our goal is to help students to no longer need remedial reading and to excel in reading – we have had rising 3rd graders go from high risk for retention to above grade level skills
- Your child will have far better visualization skills – this will help them to visualize what he or she reads, to do math word problems and to express themselves in writing
- Improved attention and self-control
- Improved visual tracking – with the improvements in attention and tracking, our students often do far better in reading and sports
- Improved self-esteem
- A reduction in homework time and stress
- A child who is much happier and has the time to enjoy being a kid
- A much brighter future
Parents often ask us if it is better to do the program in May, while school is still going on, or to wait till summer. The following testimonial supports why acting sooner is better:
Save $300 in May – Call us at 561-361-7495
“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” Ignacio Estrada