Now Is The Right Time to Make The Difference
While a doctor will always measure a child’s temperature or blood pressure, too often schools use reading fluency (how accurately a child reads out loud), as a measure of reading. In fact, reading comprehension is about understanding what one reads and it makes no difference how well one reads out loud. For the visual learner, we have seen reading comprehension scores 3, 7 and in one case 11 years lower than grade level. What’s more, they hate to read!
Virtually every parent whose child was in this predicament said, “I wish I had come to you sooner”!
You Can Not Redo the Past, But You Can Take Action Now
We too were caught in this position 22 years ago, when our then 8th grade daughter was told she was not college material, because her reading comprehension was 3 years below grade level. After completing three intensive traditional reading programs with no results, I became a ”Mom on a Mission”. With the 3D Learner Program I developed, my daughter improved her comprehension 4.2 grade levels in 7 months. We have now helped many 4th through 12th graders improve their comprehension 3, 4 and even 5 grade levels in months; not years.
What decision is the right decision for your child?
There is no easy answer. However, expecting the schools to help your child achieve grade level reading and math proficiency is delusional. As a parent of four kids, we learned that we had to find outside resources to help our children.
Smart kids who learn differently need a “different” approach than the one they get every day at school.
Remember Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity:
“Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.
It is far more effective to intervene sooner rather than later.
If your child is struggling with reading comprehension, or hates to read, and you realize that he/she has the potential to do far better…now is the time to act.
Whether a child is in public, private or charter schools, it is the proactive parent who chooses to make the difference for their child – the sooner the better. There is still time to change the trajectory for your child this school year and over the summer.
The 3D Learner approach to help your child is an active, hands-on program that includes dealing with attention, visual motor integration, visualization, memory, reading fluency and comprehension skills, all in one program.
Our teachers are experienced and highly trained in multiple programs, including Orton-Gillingham® and Linda Mood Bell®. We use the program that best fits your child’s needs.
What can you expect with our help:
- Two of our key goals are to improve reading comprehension and the love of reading
- Your child will do far better on both reading and standardized tests
- Our goal is to help students to no longer need remedial reading and to excel in reading – we have helped many students go from remedial reading to regular, advanced and even gifted classes
- Your child will have far better visualization skills – this will help them to visualize what he or she reads, to do math word problems and to express themselves in writing
- Improved attention and self-control. The combination of the Interactive
- Improved visual tracking – with the improvements in attention and tracking, our students often do far better in reading and sports
- Improved self-esteem
- A reduction in homework time and stress
- A child who is much happier and has the time to enjoy being a kid
- A much brighter future
Note, for the student-athlete, our approach will improve a student’s academic and athletic skills – this is often a hook that engages the reluctant student to be engaged in the 3D Learner Process.
Parents often ask us if it is better to do the program in May, while school is still going on, or to wait till summer. The following testimonial supports why acting sooner is better:
Save $300 in May – Call us at 561-361-7495
“If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” Ignacio Estrada