Gardiner Scholarship Option for Those Wanting to Do a Program ASAP
Gardiner Scholarship Funding option. Two parents called us this week with a similar challenge. They have some funding left from 2016 – 17 and would not get the balance till August. They wanted to know how they could fund it without laying out any money.
Our staff came up with a unique solution:
1- Use what remains in your Gardiner Scholarship Fund for this year
2- Use a no cost no interest credit card that allows for 18 equal payments
3- Do the program now, be out no cash and see improvement now and significant results before the next school year
Explaining the Gardiner Scholarship and Proposed Changes to Expand It
The Gardiner Scholarship is a Florida Voucher Program that helps a small number of students. Started three years ago, it helped students with conditions like Downs Syndrome, Williams Syndrome and other significant disabilities.
Last year it was expanded to include students with autism.
For 2017, a proposed bill that is likely to be approved includes the following conditions and allows for out of state diagnosis.
- Expands eligibility to include children:
- With rare diseases (such as Lou Gehrig’s disease, Crohn’s, and other disorders affecting less than 200,000 individuals);
- With Anaphylaxis;
- Identified by local school districts as orthopedically, hearing or visually impaired, traumatic brain injured or other health impaired; and
- Aged 5 or older previously identified as “high risk.”
- Allows for use of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) that has not been reviewed/revised within the last 12 months and/or is from another state.
- Allows for diagnosis of a disability from a physician licensed in another state.
- Expands allowable services and authorizes uses of program funds to include music or art therapies and equine therapy services at certain centers.
This scholarship provides a little over $10000. Students can use it for private school vouchers, to pay for services at learning centers like 3D Learner’s and other services.
The big addition will be covering OHI or Other Health Impaired students — this includes students with ADHD.
3D Learner is a Gardiner Scholarship provider. We are a Boca Raton based Learning Center.
As described in this article from the Orlando Sentinel, the Gardiner Scholarship Program has been expanded for the 2016-17 school year.
3D Learner Gardiner Scholarship Program
For Gardiner Scholarship students, we have the potential to offer either 1-on-1 or small group training. 3D Learner provides a hands-on intensive program that can be tailored to your child’s needs. We have an excellent system for the child who learns best when he or she sees and experiences information. We utilize natural and effective tools to improve attention and eye-teaming.
Several items that make 3D Learner very different than most Gardiner Scholarship options
- Our assessment screens for a learning difference and attention and eye-teaming issues
- We have a large Brain Integration room that provides a place to do left and right-brain integration and vision exercises
- Our hands-on approach teaches the way our student’s learn
- By improving attention, visual processing and related challenges, we improve academic skills, behavior and skills that are transferable to sports
- We focus on continuous improvement and boosting self-esteem and self-advocacy skills
- We help parents to be the coach and advocate your child needs
- We can help students improve their reading comprehension, love for reading, math, writing, attention, self-control and visual processing skills.
For more information, you can complete our Online Success Assessment and call us at 561-361-7495.