With what has become known as the 3D Learner Program (R) my daughter improved her reading comprehension 4.2 grade levels in 7 months. Then I helped my 3rd grade son to go from the 31st to the 74th percentile and realized how much stress and strain I reduced by getting to the root cause of the problem earlier.
Then the 3rd Grade FCAT became the rage, and I needed to find a sane way to have a 3rd Grade FCAT Program that taught the students the skills they needed to excel in life, and oh by the way, made passing the 3rd Grade FCAT relatively easy.
Jimmy was a classic case. Scoring at the 18th percentile in 2nd grade, the teachers, his mom and his dad were scared about the 3rd Grade FCAT.
They went to a nationally known learning center and no progress.
Then they read these 3 questions:
- Does your child remember places visited, even from years ago?
- Does your child remember details from movies, even if they missed the plot?
- Does your child learn best when they see and experience information?
That was Jimmy. We call students like Jiimmy a right-brained learner. Right-brained learners oten have problems with the 3rd grade FCAT because:
- The small words trip them up -- what, why, except, but, etc.
- They do not recognize words they have previously learned
- They struggle with reading comprehension when they must read the material themselves.
The next 3 questions were equally enlightening:
- Does your child skip words and lines when reading?
- Does your child lose focus?
- Does your child get stressed when taking tests?
Fortunately, not all our clients have these three problems, but just imagine taking a high stakes test as an 8 or 9 year old and:
- Your eyes skip words and lines when reading
- You lose focus , especially on longer tests
- You have test anxiety
In Jimmy's case, he was a right-brained learner, did skip words and lines when reading, lost focus over time and did struggle with test anxiety.
Our program helped Jimmy to go from the 18th to the 83rd percentile and to get a 4 on the 3rd Grade FCAT, by:
- Capitalizing on how he learned best
- Identifying and addressing his tracking, attention and anxiety challenges
- Partnering with his parents and teachers
We realize that a 1-on-1 program is best for students, but we also realize economic realities. For the 2012 3rd Grade FCAT we are offering:
- A 3rd Grade FCAT Workshop for students and parents
- Small group training
- 1-on-1 training
Call us at 561-361-7495
If you are considering any 3rd Grade FCAT Programs or anything similar, r
1- Complete the Free Quick Test and receive feedback. Then call for a Free 10 minute consult
2- A monthly newsletter designed to give you Free Tips for your child and you
3- Join us for a Free Parent Briefing
My commitment is to help you to help your child, to go from Stress to Success.on the 3rd Grade FCAT
Tuesday evening Janaury 17th at 7 pm
Wednesday morning January 18th at 9:15 am
Wednesday evening January 18th at 9:05 pm
- a webinar
Call 561-361-7495 for details