For Your Visual Learner, Improve Attention and SAT Scores with Natural and Hands-on Methods
On Tuesday November 14th, Mark Halpert will be part of a panel discussion on Alternative Strategies for ADD/ADHD at a Conference Hosted by Practical Parenting for Teens at the Addison in Boca Raton. Later that day, Mark Halpert and Gene Davis, our English specialist, will be speaking on improving PSAT, SAT and SAT scores for the visual learner.
At 9 am, Eric Nach, Dave Krasky and Mark will be presenting on treatments for ADD and ADHD. Mark will be discussing how most visual learners struggle with attention, and that one does not need an ADD or ADHD diagnosis to get help. Mark will discuss how most visual learners have attention and/or eye-teaming issues.
Mark will discuss how the Interactive Metronome (R), Brain Gym Exercises and the 3 second pause — can make a dramatic difference for students with attention challenges.
For a demonstration of the Interactive Metronome and Eye-teaming tests using the Visagraph (R), go to our Focus Assessment page.
Mark will also discuss strategies parents can use to set their child up for success, in school and in life.
Mark will also discuss how he became a Recovering Screamaholic
Improving SAT and ACT Scores for the Visual Learner
Mark and Gene Davis will be discussing why and how to improve SAT and ACT scores for the visual learner. Their presentation will include a discussion of:
- The tendency for visual learners to have lower SAT and ACT scores than one would expect
- The incredible value of getting ones grades and SAT or ACT scores up — which could be worth $10,000 to $26,000 over 4 years if a student goes to a Florida School
- What causes the visual learner to struggle — the primary issues being reading comprehension, difficulty understanding the tricky questions, inability to sustain attention over 120 minutes (i.e. the length of the test with accommodations), why accommodations may backfire and the value of identifying and addressing attention, eye-teaming and anxiety challenges.
- Specific Strategies to improve English, Writing and Math scores
There will be time for questions. We will also be available at our table and we hope to do a separate presentation on how 3D Learner specifically addresses these challenges
3D Learner offers three ways to know more:
- Take our no cost Success Assessment with your child, that screens for a visual learner and attention, eye-teaming and related challenges
- You get immediate feedback and can then call us at 561-361-7495
- Come to our presentations — you will leave with tools you can use
Click here for more information on the Practical Parenting for Teens Conference and to register
Sneak Peek of Topics
Fact vs. Fiction: The College Admission Process
Fostering Independence Before College
The Horse’s Mouth: What You Need to Know About Freshman Year, from Sophomores (panel)
ADD/ADHD Medicines and Alternatives
Improve Executive Functioning Skills for College
Preparing for the SAT/ACT with Learning Differences
Guidance Counsellors, Educational Consultants and Life Coaches Explained
The Importance of Your Social Media Footprint
Adolescents, What You Need to Know
The Elephant in the Room: Helping Kids Navigate Drugs, Suicide and Addiction (panel)