Very often parents of 6th graders through 12th grade students get that feeling around this time of year, that things are not getting better.
The good news is that there is still time to make dramatic gains in months not years
The three biggest challenges by this time are:
- Most parents have tried some combination of psycho-educational testing, tutoring, learning centers, and specialty programs without the desired results
- Parents and kids have lost faith – they are often not sure they will be able to address the issue
- Parents may now realize their child learns differently and has some combination of attention and eye-teaming issues, but they are not aware how to capitalize on their child’s strengths and are not aware there are natural ways to address attention and anxiety issues.
Since 1997, we have helped hundreds of 6th through 12th graders:
- It was at this time of year, when a mom of a 6th grader called. Her son had been suspended from school, his grades were suffering and reading comprehension was an issue. We talked with the young man. He was more interested in baseball. We shared how we could improve his batting average and the number of home runs he hit, while we shared with the parents how we could improve his reading comprehension, grades, and With our help, he was able to improve his reading speed from 140 to 225 word per minute and improve his comprehension by 4 grade levels within 4 months. His batting average improved from a 295 average to over 400 his home run production from 1 to 8. He also got transferred from Special Education to regular classes and he was now with a better group of kids.
- A 9th grader who was down on reading and himself. His reading comprehension was 4 years below grade level and his reading speed was 200 words per minute. With our help, he improved his comprehension 4 grade levels within 4 months and increased his reading speed to 360 words per minute. Several years later he got several full scholarships to college
- An 11th grader was reading above grade level, but his reading speed was a tortuously slow 125 words per minute. With a 3 month blitz, he was able to improve his reading speed to 300 words per minute and increase his comprehension by a grade level.
- It is never too late. A 12th grader came from out of state. He wanted to be a car mechanic, but when pressed, he really wanted to be an architect – today he is an architect.
Note, the 3D Learner Program ® was designed to help our 11th grade daughter, who improved her reading comprehension 4.2 grade levels in 7 months after taking the program.
WE HAVE BEEN THERE- we understand your angst! Your child genuinely WANTS to succeed- let us help you show you how you can be that change agent!!
- Their parents adopted a Success Mindset – they were committed to Success and Open on how to make it happen.
- Through our insights, they realized that:
- Their child learned differently
- Their child has some combination of learning differently and attention, eye-teaming and/or related challenges
- They chose to partner with us because we taught to their child’s strengths and engaged their child in the learning process, we identified and addressed their child’s challenges and we worked with the parent to set and achieve goals. This is quite different than other programs in 5 key ways:
- Our hands-on program focuses on building sight-word vocabulary, teaching our students how to recognize words they have seen and not mastered and to visualize what they read
- We identify and address the relevant challenges that might include attention, eye-teaming, working memory, processing speed and stress
- We leverage reading and vision software, where needed, to accelerate learning gains
- We help parents to be the coach and advocate their child needs
- We work with parents to improve self-esteem, self-advocacy skills and to enjoy reading
If you have a smart struggling 6th to 12th grader(OR ANY GRADE) give us a call for a no cost Strategy Session at 561-361-7495.